Free French classes for immigrants
** Go to the News section if you want to know the services that are currently provided remotely. **
Learning French is free and plus, it is a win!
- Part time: from 4 to 12 hours a week.
- Different levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
- Time morning, afternoon, evening and week-end.
- Official Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion francization program.
- Courses recognized as proof of linguistic knowledge for the application for Canadian citizenship.
- Conversation workshops and cultural outings to get used to French quicker.
- $15 daily financial aid (if applicable).
- $9 reimbursement for daily daycare fees (if applicable).
- Monday to Thursday, 8.45 am to 11.45 am and 1 pm to 4 pm.
- Monday to Wednesday, 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Thursday and Friday, 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm.
Please take note that this schedule doesn’t apply to all courses.
Eligibility criteria - update
The eligibility criteria has changed. Find all the information on the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion website. (in french)
514 255-3900 #216
514 255-3900 #241
Nian - China
I come from China and I like French a lot! To me, ALPA is a very well organized school, with competent professors. I came at first to improve my French for a couple of months, and I now I speak French very well. The environment that ALPA provides as well as the French teaching methods have been key factors that helped me do it. The professors are lovely, patient. They really want to help the students to overcome the language barrier.