Free French classes for immigrants
** Go to the News section if you want to know the services that are currently provided remotely. **
Learning French is free and plus, it is a win!
- Part time: from 4, 6, 9 and 12 hours per week.
- Different levels: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
- Time morning, evening and week-end.
- Official Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration francization program.
- Courses recognized as proof of linguistic knowledge for the application for Canadian citizenship.
- Conversation workshops and cultural outings to get used to French quicker.
- $26 daily financial aid (if applicable).
- $9 reimbursement for daily daycare fees (if applicable).
- Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 12 pm.
- Monday to Wednesday, 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Thursday and Friday, 6 pm to 9 pm.
- Saturday, 9 am to 1 pm.
Please take note that this schedule doesn’t apply to all courses.
Eligibility criteria - update
The eligibility criteria has changed. Find all the information on the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégraton website (in french)
Registrations for Spring session 2023
We will take registrations for the Winter session from January 30 to February 12 inclusively.
Here are the steps to register to the French courses:
- Fill up this form
- Fill up the French courses Ministry’s registration form
- Send your documents to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact us at email@example.com
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Once you have finalized your online registration (stage 1), if you do not submit the Ministry Registration Form « MIFI » (stage 2), and your documents (immigration proof and notes certificate, if applicable), your registration will not be considered.
Nian - China
I come from China and I like French a lot! To me, ALPA is a very well organized school, with competent professors. I came at first to improve my French for a couple of months, and I now I speak French very well. The environment that ALPA provides as well as the French teaching methods have been key factors that helped me do it. The professors are lovely, patient. They really want to help the students to overcome the language barrier.