Free French courses
French is the official and common language of Quebec. Learning French is vital for your successful integration into Quebec society!
ALPA is a proud partner of the Quebec government, offering part-time French language training at beginner, intermediate and advanced levels.
Our French courses are completely free of charge. You may be eligible for financial assistance if you are:
- Aged 16 and over on the July 1st prior to your application, living in Quebec, and are an:
- Canadian by birth
- Planning to settle in Quebec.
FRENCH FOR FREE IS A WIN!
Registration for the fall 2023 session
We'll help you register for the fall session starting June 15, 2023 (registration required).
- Part-time: 4, 6, 9 or 12 per week.
- Several levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Schedule: mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends.
- The Quebec government's official francization program.
- Courses recognized as proof of language skills for Canadian citizenship applications.
- Financial assistance of $28 per day. You must take at least 4 hours of French courses per week (depending on eligibility).
- Childcare reimbursement of $9 per day (depending on eligibility). If your spouse is also taking a French course, only one parent can receive childcare assistance.
Need help in person?
Here's how to register for part-time in-person French courses:
Register online :
Here's how to register for part-time French courses online:
Go to the Learn French platform.
Click on the "Part-time courses" button.
Create a Learn French account. If you already have an account, log in. If you have an Arrima account, you'll need to use your credentials to log in.
Fill out the application form to take a part-time French course for immigrants.
Scan your documents and upload them onto the platform to submit them.
Note. – If you would like to take the course at ALPA, indicate ALPA - Accueil Liaison pour Arrivants in the section about your preferred class location.
Nian - China
I come from China and I like French a lot! To me, ALPA is a very well organized school, with competent professors. I came at first to improve my French for a couple of months, and I now I speak French very well. The environment that ALPA provides as well as the French teaching methods have been key factors that helped me do it. The professors are lovely, patient. They really want to help the students to overcome the language barrier.