Assistance and welcome services for all the immigration stages
** Go to the News sectionif you want to know the services that are currently provided remotely. **
We offer numerous services whether you just arrived here in Quebec or you’ve been leaving here for quite a while.
Update : This service now applies to international students, PVT and temporary workers!
Installation and registration to public services
- Active listening and development of a specialized intervention plan.
- Apartment/house rental.
- Assistance with healthcare insurance application, driver’s licence, family allowances, etc.
- Registration to healthcare services, social services, school/kindergarten, financial aids, etc.
- Mediation with public services.
Assistance with the immigration process
- Various applications : permanent residency, CSQ, citizenship, work permit, student permit, etc.
- Mediation and conflict resolutions.
- Official documents translations : birth certificate, marriage, death.
- Referral of professional specialized services.
Custom made referral to other community resources or institutional partners
- Food banks, clothing repairs, furnitures, etc.
- Psychological support, assistance to domestic violence victims or organized violence, torture, etc.
Mariette - Burundi
ALPA really helped me with my immigration and installation process since I have arrived in Canada as an asylum seeker. Thanks to the help ALPA's team provided, I found a place to stay, and when I obtained the protected person status, the team helped me with my resident permanency and family reunion applications. They also supported me in my job search, as well as when I considered going back to school. I'm very grateful to all of them. They are so heartwarming, full of life, patient and most of all, they listen. I could never stress how much this organization is a must for everybody, especially for new comers. For real, the work you do is extremely admirable.