Professional Immigration Aid Services Free of Charge
IMMIGRANT IN QUÉBEC?
Professional Immigrant Aid Services Provided Free of Charge
The harmonious integration of immigrants is at the heart of everything we do. At ALPA, immigrants receive the support they need to reach their full potential and proudly contribute to Quebec’s economic, social and cultural success.
Since 1984, we have pursued our mission to support immigrants at all stages of their new life in the province, from adaptation and integration to the point where they are fully established citizens who are proud of their origins and can handle the expectations of Quebec society.
Whatever your needs, we are here to support you!
The ALPA team is above all professional, warm and aware of the challenges you may face in the process of immigrating, integrating and entering the job market.
ALPA will provide you with a personalized approach that caters to your specific needs. With us, you will establish your own priorities and we will offer you the support you need to reach your goals.
Do you need help finding housing for your family, registering for government services, getting family benefits, bringing your parents from another country or, of course, finding a job that matches your skills?
SETTLING IN AND GETTING YOUR PAPERWORK DONE
From the moment you arrive in Quebec, a welcoming, professional team will be there to support you in all adaptation, immigration and integration steps. From looking for housing and registering for public services to applying for permanent residency or citizenship – we are here for you!
We offer a multitude of services, from the moment you arrive in Quebec
- Support in all of your adaptation and integration steps
- Active listening and guidance that reflects your needs
- Assistance finding housing
- Assistance obtaining essential documents: SIN, health insurance, driver’s licence, work permit, etc.
- Information and registration for public services: health system, schools, daycare centres, banks, etc.
- Applications for permanent residence, sponsorship, citizenship
- Registration for the Interim Federal Health Program
- Translation of official documents (birth, marriage, death certificates) from Spanish to French
- Presentation of community services
Do you want to learn or improve your French? ALPA offers part-time French lessons year-round. In Quebec, French spells success !
- Part time
- Several levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced
- 12 hours per week
- From Monday to Thursday, in the morning or afternoon depending on your level
- Childcare available
- Official Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion Francization program
- Courses recognized in the Canadian citizenship application process
FINDING A JOB
Are you looking for a job to match your skills and dreams? Don’t waste any more time, and make an appointment with an ALPA professional. We offer a job search program that is effective and finely attuned to the expectations of the job market. Our services are flexible and adapted to your needs.
Our team of experienced employment and career development counsellors knows and understands the immigrant experience.
INDIVIDUAL, PERSONALIZED GUIDANCE
(Services offered in French and English)
- Assistance identifying and clarifying professional goals
- Support in preparing to meet the requirements and reality of the job market
- Assistance identifying your skillset and training needs
- Assistance writing resumes and cover letters
- Coaching for job interviews
- Meetings with employers
- Training in effective job search techniques
THEMED WORKSHOPS ABOUT THE JOB MARKET AND JOB SEARCH TECHNIQUES
(Services offered in French)
- Demystifying and entering the job market
- Carving a place for yourself in the hidden job market
- An essential step: networking
- Resumes and cover letters: how to get recruiters to notice you
- Standing out from the crowd in the selection process
- Sifting the Internet for information about the job market
- Using LinkedIn to find a job
- Attending information meetings for professional advice
- 6@8 to integrate at work
JOB SEARCH CLUB
(Services offered in French)
- Specialized guidance and coaching
- Crafting and applying job searching strategies and tools
- Building a professional network
- Writing and revising resumes and cover letters
- Calling employers
- Information meetings with professionals and employers
- Job interview simulations
SETTLING IN OTHER QUEBEC REGIONS
Quebec’s regions are economically dynamic and offer great professional opportunities for immigrants working in all fields. Are you interested in finding a job or pursuing training in one of them? ALPA and its partners will be there for you every step of the way as you look for a job or an education opportunity and when you’re looking to settle. You won’t be alone in this adventure!
- Individual meetings with a counsellor to zero in on your professional goals and understand how to get there
- Information sessions about the province’s regions
- Job opportunities in the area chosen
- Contact with our network of regional partners
- Prospective visits
- Meetings with employers and access to recruitment activities
- Possibility of financial assistance for interview and/or moving costs
- Assistance in transferring your lease if you decide to move
GET INFORMED, GET INVOLVED AND GET SOCIAL
Do you want to explore your new society, learn more, get involved in the community and meet new people?
We offer a wide array of activities to help you discover your new country!
- Information sessions on a range of aspects of life in Quebec (culture, history, job market, health system, housing, rights, community resources, etc.)
- Cultural activities
- Sporting activities
- Workshops: “Parenting in an Immigration Context”
Want to know more about the success stories of our participants and team members? Check out the previous issues and subscribe HERE!